Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Supremacy of Faith

I attended my Home Home church, New Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church. I grew up in this church and probably took my first steps in one of the aisles. It was so good being home and listening to Pastor Wafer preach the unadulterated Word of God.



He reminded me of the reality that when all else fails the Word of God prevails. The Word of God prevails and we need only hold out and see what the end will bring. Though it appears to be a simple word that needs no further explanation it was good to be reminded of this Biblical and spiritual truth.



In these tough economic times and in this tight job market, I for one need to hold on to the truth that God never fails. I need to be reminded that God is faithful even when those who say they do "His will," lets you down. This is a continuation of the message I heard last week which demonstrated that sometimes when others are the cause of us being in an unpleasant and uncomfortable situation, that what they mean for evil, God means for good!

Pastor Wafer preached from his soul and I needed to hear much of what he said which did support the Supremacy of Faith, not church, not organization, not denomination, not man; but faith.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of thing unseen. Each day, I am learning more about the substance which is hope. No matter how tough it gets, I must not loose hope. I must gain fuel and motivation from hope. It is hope that moves one into the position of gaining the evidence. Hope goes before the idea and the means by which one acts on belief.

Hope points back to God and one's faith in God. As one goes forward in faith, they are relying not on the present condition but on the one who sent them forth in the first place. They are acting faithfully and confidently. After all they know the Supremacy of Faith.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gary,

    Faith is, in spite of how badly things might be going now, right around the corner is something better than I could ever have imagined!

    Love to you and Greta!
    Al Link
    SexySpiritualRelationships.com

    ReplyDelete