Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am Watching You!

Weekly Thoughts
From
Rev. Dr. Gary A. Williams™

revdr@sensuousseminars.com

July 26, 2010

Why must I treat grown adults as children? Why must I as a leader be afraid of the truth? These questions cause my attention to go in that direction. I believe that our people (those from that African Diaspora) can handle the truth. Shucks, they have been dealing with them all of their lives. I’ve heard all my life that, “Truth pressed to the ground shall rise again.”

It’s time for the truth to be told and for all of us to act accordingly. Jesus told us that; "we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free." One of my many truths is that I love marriage and I enjoy being married and I think that it is the best man known institution. After all, “Marriage” has been and is ordained of God.

Because so many people get married I believe that they love marriage also. I am concerned that so many marriages end in divorce, especially “Black Marriages.” One thing that our children need is love and consistency. They need to see husbands and wives working and building together. Much distrust is being passed down and shared in our community. Let me explain further.

The truth is being shared in Barber Shops, Beauty Parlors, Nail Salons, Churches and Grocery Store lines. Thus I ask, “Are we going backwards instead of moving forward?” I just had a conversation in the checkout line at the grocery store. The clerk said that, “men (Black Men) cannot be trusted. They must be monitored.” Greta my wife, being who she is responded, “Can you be trusted and why must you monitor a ‘Grown Man’…don’t you have something better to do with your time?”

Greta and I understand that trust for any individual begins with them in their psyche. It begins based upon their belief system and emotional state. It is based upon their experiences and especially their hurts, pains and fears. Most of us are controlled by fear. We don’t do many things because of fear. We don’t do many things because we don’t trust ourselves and as a result, we do not trust others.

I believe many marriages fail because of lack of knowledge. Scripture instructs us, “My people perish for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6).” I am grateful for a wife that loves me, and the institution of marriage and feels that we as a loving couple are to extend ourselves and help other couples build successful marriages.

We became quite aware of being watched over the last three years, and we thought we were very non-descript and uninteresting. We found that by telling the truth and especially “OUR” truth did not make everyone happy. We also found that some will stand for truth privately but run from it publicly so as not to be in controversy for fear of losing their position or favor from those that have position and power. To say the least this was disappointing from an institution, which is to be based in the truth.

Greta and I were teasing around one morning, as we often do, and we were reminded of Slave’s song, “Watching You.” We thought that it might be fun to share another part of ourselves with the world and demonstrate that married couples can have fun while experiencing the mundane realities of life. Some things may be “run of the mill,” but you can choose to be in the moment and have fun or otherwise. Greta and I as often as we can, choose to have fun. It’s part of our ongoing intent, “To Make Love.”

Our new project, “Sex In The Morning Show with Gary A. & Greta” has and is bringing more vibrancy into our lives. It pushes us even harder to practice what we teach. It has been and it is fun and fulfilling. We continue with our “Affection Series” and we look forward to sharing our next segment, which will be dedicated to “Hugging.”

Our new promo, “I am Watching You!!!” can be found on our channel at: http://www.youtube.com/Sensuousseminars1.

We know that the information we share is valuable. It keeps us in a positive and receptive frame of mind. We use it and it works. We present it to you as a testimony of our faith and practice.

Yours truly,
Gary A.
Gary A.

No comments:

Post a Comment